The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing requirements in support of the development of our enterprise software applications. Working in a team environment, you will perform business and requirements analysis throughout the software development lifecycle for mission critical enterprise software systems.
Candidates must demonstrate success working in a cooperative team environment with a proven track record of use case modeling, requirements elicitation, and developing end user and technical design documentation. Responsibilities include solving complex software and requirements problems, as well as the development of analysis tools to allow efficient development and creation of software functionality containing a high level of reusability. The Business Analyst must be able to effectively prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements. Streamline high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, supplying an appropriate level of detail suitable for those who will base their work on those requirements. Examples include: Functional Requirements, Technical Specifications, Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface Designs
- Serve as the liaison between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, dissect high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true software and data needs.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, and concisely.
- Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable. Determine requirements prioritization and ensure they conform to standards.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents; test products derived from requirements specifications confirming the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Enter, manipulate, and report on requirements stored in a commercial requirements management tool. Define requirement attributes and facilitate their use throughout the project. Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project. Manage changes to base lined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Establish and implement effective requirements analysis and documentation practices, including continuous improvement of analysis processes. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools. Implement means for reuse of requirements across projects.
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features, updates and efficiencies
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and work ethic.
- Commitment to accomplishing goals within the defined timelines and meet project schedule deadlines.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and share technical capabilities within the organization.
- Ability to take direction and work independently, or as part of a team, on assigned tasks
- Proficiency in requirements definition with a sound technical background and the ability to quickly adapt to changing technology.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree preferred, with 5+ years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in requirements elicitation through the use of application design sessions, interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Familiarity with software application usability standards and guidelines.
- 1-3 years’ of experience with Use Case modeling tools and analysis; experience with UML preferred.
- Additional training and certification in technical writing, business writing, desktop publishing and design, and computer science/software development desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications is required.
Moderate travel required
You may apply for this position by following the link below, or please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Job # 1-BA0123WEB. No phone calls, please.Apply for this Career Position Now